Integrating Copernicus and Russian satellite data sources
The Interface is developed for an easy user access to satellite data and for creating and providing services that are based on Copernicus and Russian satellite data sources and their thematic products.
In contrast to existing services, the developed Interface provides the selection of the necessary satellite data to solve user’s thematic tasks in automatic mode.
Using remote sensing data the user receives the solution of thematic tasks in the following areas:
- emergency management (e.g., determination of outlines, depths and damage from flooding)
- forestry (e.g., a definition of forest boundaries)
- ecological monitoring (e.g., analysis of pollution dynamics).
The main functions of the developed Interface are:
- providing access to the Copernicus programme services through the developed website that allows the user to formulate requests for solving applications using satellite data
- automatic setting of satellite data search parameters for solving 10 selected types of tasks
- solving a number of specific tasks to demonstrate possibilities of using the satellite data in working processes
- combining the capabilities of the Copernicus programme with data from the Russian satellites in order to obtain the most effective result
- Access to the Interface will be organized through the web Interface without installing additional plug-ins in the user’s browser.
The Interface will be available for all interested users. It is mostly targeted to specialists from different thematic areas (e.g., government, emergency management, forestry, hydrology, agriculture etc.) who are responsible for territory monitoring and management and need up-to-date and real-time spatial data for correct and operative decision-making.
For this type of users, an Interface is a handy tool for analyzing the current situation on the territory of interest as it provides all necessary information and does not require any specific knowledge in geoinformation systems and remote sensing.
By integrating Copernicus and Russian satellite data sources and providing easy access to this data and their thematic products, the Interface is a useful instrument for small and medium businesses that develop services for territory monitoring and management based on satellite imagery.
Advantages of the Interface:
- easiness for a user
- universal access
- automatic mode
- extended range of tasks to be solved
- unlimited interaction with external information systems.